A BRIEF HISTORY OF ST. LUKE PARISH
Saint Luke Parish was established to serve the people of Brookfield and New Berlin on June 25, 1956. Boundaries were set at Barker Road on the West, to Cleveland Avenue on the South, to Sunnyslope Road on the East and to Bluemound Road on the North.
Masses were initially celebrated in Calhoun Hall and then in the Gym of Calhoun School until a church could be built. The Church was built in 1958, the Rectory in 1959, the Convent in 1960, the School in 1961 and the Recreation Center in 1980. The narthex was erected in 2005.
Father James Meehan was the founding pastor in 1956. Father Harvey Brahm served as pastor from 1972-2002. Father Francis Malloy served the parish from 2001 to June of 2007. Father Kenneth Augustine joined Saint Luke Parish on July 3, 2007 as the pastor at Saint Luke.