Prayer and Worship
In addition to our Sunday and daily Mass schedule, there are numerous opportunities for prayer and worship here at Saint Luke.
- Weekly Devotions are prayed on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. in the parish chapel (use main church entrance).
- Evening of Recollection is offered once a month on the 4th Thursday at 7:00 p.m. in the church.
- Stations of the Cross are prayed during Lent on Fridays at 6:30 p.m. in the Church.
- The small chapel located in the parish office (lower parking lot level) is open daily from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.
- Breaking Open the Word is offered every Tuesday morning at 9:00 a.m. and again on Wednesday evening at 7:00 p.m. in the reading room. New members are always welcome. Contact the faith formation office at extension 106 for more information.
Anybody age high school through adult is welcome to join the choir. The choir rehearse every Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. in the church. They sing on the first and third Sundays of every month, as well as for major feasts.
Cantors usually have some singing or music background, but training can be provided. They work with the Music Director to help to lead the music at Sunday Masses and other special occasions.
Anybody who plays a musical instrument at a moderate level of proficiency is invited to share their musical gifts with the parish. Instruments are used in many ways to enhance the music of the celebration. Time commitment varies according to the season, and your availability.
Boys and girls grades four through eight, in our Religious Education program are encouraged to minister by serving at Eucharistic celebrations. Teens and Adults are also welcome to minister in this role. Servers enhance the quality of a celebration by participating fully in the Liturgy and by ensuring that all items required for the celebration are ready at the appropriate time. Training is provided, and a schedule is followed that honors your special requests such as Mass time preference, and frequency of ministry.
Lectors proclaim the Scripture at Sunday Eucharist, Feast Days, and other occasions. An interest in public speaking, and a love and study of Scripture is required. Lectors help to bring the Word of God to life among us each time they proclaim Scripture at liturgy. Training is provided, and a schedule is followed that honors your special requests such as Mass time preference, and frequency of ministry.
Ushers/Ministers of Hospitality
The men and women serving as Ushers/Ministers of Hospitality offer a smile, a handshake, a hug, or a hello to all who enter for worship. Their responsibility is to foster hospitality and to create a mood of friendship and joy, making extra efforts to make visitors and all feel at home. Training is provided, and a schedule is followed.
Please contact Shawn Rochon, the director of Music and Liturgy at 262-782-0032 ext 103 or fill out the form below for more information on any of the above Liturgical Ministries.